- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.4OBM2jok.dpuf System Trading Now: Interesting Comment in Previous Post

Apr 29, 2013

Interesting Comment in Previous Post

I received an interesting comment and thought readers might like to read. 
From Eken,

Do you trade full time? I read your blog and found that trading profitably sounds easy and simple, at least for you. However for me, my futures trading journey is a total disaster. 

I started trading in year 2010 with RM50K. I always thought broker knew something more, therefore relied heavily on their tips and recommendations to trade. In less than 6 months, I lost more than 70% of my capital. I surrendered and quit trading for the first time.

After rested for 3 months, I open another futures account with another broker, this time a broker that I have known from attended a seminar. He is a good and diligent person. I learn something new from him. I banked in another 100K. After only 2 months, I gain profits of 20%. I thought I am the king of futures. He told me to keep my ego and maintain good discipline. Then I read a newspaper advertisement about futures trading system. It claimed to make more than 100% in a year. I immediately signed up their signal services. Puuuui! I lost almost every cent trading their signal. I remember called them after broker called me to top up after moeny is not enough to maintain even 1 lot. They told me bank in some more $$ to hold the position. I was so naived to believe in them that I banked in another 50K. Sad to say, I busted my account with in the next 3 months. 

I felt utterly disappointed with myself, losing self confidence ... This affected my jobs. I was fired and forced to move back to my kampung in Segamat. Through my friend recommendation, I found another job in Singapore. Now live in Johor Bahru, travelling each day through Woodlands checkpoints eacy day to work. 

Even though I lost almost entire saving in trading. I still believe theremust be a way to beat the market and "trading for a living". I attended many trading seminar on futures, forex, stock trading etc, always trying a way to make a comeback. Until recently I started to read your blog, I found something I really like, the way you trade. 

Sorry, I wrote too much here. Do you mind me email you to ask for guidance in trading? Do you accept students?


My reply:
Hi Eken,

Thank you for your comment. Trading profitably is definitely not as easy and simple as you mentioned. However there are ways to tackle the market so that hopefully it can work in our favor.

I met many traders and when they relayed their trading experiences, I found many similarities. The one very grave “mistakes” I saw, almost in every story I heard is, blame game. Probably this is the fatal mistake that if you are not ready to rectify and correct, there is no way to you can enjoy the game. When we win, we claimed how smart we are. But when we lost, we blame brokers, system, market, manipulators, other traders, etc… We tend forgot we are the one who pulls the trigger; no one forced us to trade. Yet, when we shifted the blame to others, we feel relieved.

Anyway, in your case, I can sense the fighting spirit. If you continue to learn and improve, there is no way you can’t be profitable.

For your info, I am just an ordinary, private trader. I am not an educator or signal provider. And I am not taking any students due to bad experience in the past. I created this short term system to try to capture short term movement in the market.  I still trade other long term trend following systems in FKLI, FCPO and some foreign markets. This is definitely not Holy Grail.

If you want, you can ask anything in the comments column or email me (bmdtrder@gmail.com) I can’t promise to help or advise you on trading but I will try my best to answer your query. I am also learning everyday in this market. 

Cheers! :-)

11 comments :

  1. Thanks for your reply. Will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guys..pls enlighten..i am confuse.
    i have a long.my remisier told me to take profit, use sell limit.to set cut loss point, use sell stop,is it correct?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. eken..can say what is the name of the future system u sign up that time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before that, what is your trading strategy? Before you place any trade, you should know:-
    1) Reason to trade? How to enter the trade?
    2) How many lots to trade?
    3) How to exit a trade, at profit or at loss?

    Example of my yesterday trade:
    1) Reason to trade: System wants to short FCPO because market couldn't break previous day high. How to enter: system enter short using sellstop @ 2312. Then, stops triggered and system is short 2311.

    2) System short 6 lots. Lot size calculation based on my risk management method.

    3) System exited short position at 2288 today after it open higher than predetermined buystop price.

    Once you got these 3 elements, then all you have to do is just execute your trading plan, regardless of any market condition.

    If you don't understand the types of orders, ask you fbr or dealer to explain to you. This is their job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The system was from G********. I signed up the FKLI system.

    BMD Trader, how come your system don't have price target? I am puzzled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eken, most trend following systems don't have price target. They just follow the market, hopefully can catch a big trend. "Cut losses short, let profits run" is the key.

    Anonymous, F1 Grand Prix? Haha?

    ReplyDelete
  7. grandpine futures trading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi BMD trader.

    I got referred to your blog.
    Nice blog, & congrats on your system trading success!

    Like the way u reply to the mail.
    True trader indeed! :)

    Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jeanne. Thanks for your comment. Nice having you here.

    Enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete